Sometimes Natural* is Better
Choosing NP Thyroid™
- NP Thyroid™ is an alternative therapy to levothyroxine sodium
- Thyroid hormones act slowly in some parts of the body so it can take several months after treatment is started for symptoms to improve completely3,4
- Periodic monitoring of TSH, T4, and/or T3 levels are necessary to ensure the proper dose is still effective3,4
- If dose is off by a little, it can change your TSH level and possibly cause symptoms4
- If changing the dose of your current thyroid hormone therapy or switching to NP Thyroid™ your TSH level should be re-checked in 6 weeks or as directed by your clinician6,8,9
Currently being treated with levothyroxine sodium?
Are you happy with your current therapy?
10-15% of patients complain about persistent symptoms of hypothyroidism when being treated with levothyroxine (L-T4) alone despite normal TSH and T4 levels6,10,11
Are you on adequate thyroid hormone replacement?
15% of patients placed on levothyroxine may stabilize their T4 levels but their T3 levels remain low12
It may be time to discuss other options with your healthcare provider!
Data suggests that 49% of patients prefer desiccated thyroid extract therapy to L-T4 alone and in the sub-group of patients with persistent symptoms, 78% of patients preferred desiccated thyroid therapy11,13