NP Thyroid® is used as a replacement or supplemental therapy in patients with hypothyroidism of any etiology, including:
- Hypothyroidism in patients of any age (children, adults, the elderly) or state (including pregnancy)
- Primary hypothyroidism resulting from functional deficiency
- Primary atrophy
- Partial or total absence of the thyroid gland
- The effects of surgery, radiation, or drugs with or without the presence of goiter
- Secondary (pituitary) or tertiary (hypothalamic) hypothyroidism8
- May be used as a TSH suppressant, in the treatment or prevention of various types of euthyroid goiters, including thyroid nodules, subacute or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis (Hashimoto’s), multinodular goiter, and in the management of thyroid cancer
- A diagnostic agent in suppression tests to differentiate suspected mild hyperthyroidism or thyroid gland autonomy8
How to Use
It is important to take NP Thyroid® exactly as your doctor prescribed to help you manage your hypothyroidism.
- Take NP Thyroid® once a day, at the same time with an 8oz glass of water.3,4,5
- Take NP Thyroid® on an empty stomach, at least 30 to 60 minutes before consuming any food or caffeine. This means no eating or drinking anything other than water! Fasting increases absorption.6
- If you’ve already eaten, NP Thyroid® can be taken two hours after consumption with an 8oz glass of water, again waiting 30-60 minutes before consuming food or caffeine.
- Take NP Thyroid® 4 hours before or after taking iron, calcium supplements, antacids, cholestyramine.
- Soy, cottonseed meal, walnuts, fiber and grapefruit juice can affect the absorption of NP Thyroid®. If you eat any of these on a regular basis, tell your doctor, as your dose may need to be adjusted.7